Sunday 8 August 2010

Lilac Sunday

Lilac seems to be a recurring theme in my product purchases these past few weeks so I thought I'd do an overview on my thoughts for each.


Evolve Skin Cocoon Moisture Wash and Radiance Boost Smoothing Cream
I have wanted to try some Evolve products since their launch but it wasn't until the recent ASOS sale that I actually bought anything. These have some great eco credentials as they are certified organic by Ecocert and the lovely distinct packaging is made from recycled milk bottles. They are also not tested on animals and contain organic food based ingredients with no nasties.

The Skin Cocoon Moisture Wash has moisturising almond peptides and organic aloe vera to soothe. It is a runny clear gel liquid that has a slight lather and feels very gentle on the skin. There is a mild aloe vera type scent to this which is inoffensive, but if you like a bit more of a fragrance to your bath products like me then this smells too mild for my tastes. It does make the skin feel quite soft and not dry but I found it a rather meh type product and would not repurchase this.

Now the Radiance Boost Smoothing Cream I really like as it smells gorgeous with a slightly sweet, nutty type scent. It is quite a light, cream texture that you only need a small amount as when I first used it, I took too much and it took a while for it to be absorbed, otherwise it usually doesn't require too much rubbing. It leaves the skin non-greasy, smooth and moisturised without feeling like you've applied any cream. I am not sure how this would fair in the winter when my skin is drier but using this during the summer has been pleasant as it feels virtually invisible.
The info on the back says it has Brazilian acerola fruit which is a high source of vitamin C that boosts radiance and moisturises, and this also contains argan oil, rich in omega 6 and vitamin E to help maintain cell elasticity and protect against free radicals. It also contains natural fruit acids to smooth and soften the skin. It does help with dullness in the skin but I haven't used it long enough to notice any benefits with elasticity.

Zoya Remove +
Usually I use Superdrug's Acetone free nail polish remover but that still feels drying on my nails so I decided to try this instead as I've heard good things about it. At £9.95 for 237ml it is expensive for a nail polish remover which is what put me off purchasing before, but now I think it's worth it. This is a mild acetone based formula and since I've been using this my nails don't feel dry when I remove polish, instead they feel smooth and moisturised. I like the packaging as it's a handy salon style push pump which you can twist to lock. It doesn't have the traditional strong smelly remover scent either, it actually smells quite nice with a soft linen/floral sort of scent.
As to it's removing capabilities they are good with most polishes coming off easily, the glitters/shimmers needing a little more work but still remove better then what I was using previously.

Models Own Lilac Fantasy
This is a lilac pearl with faint pink shimmer in a very sheer (almost clear) lilacy-grey base. It looks very pretty in the bottle but it took 4 coats to achieve that colour as it is so sheer. It is not the fastest drying either considering how sheer it is. If it is wasn't for the lovely colour and finish I would have been disappointed. I got this shade from River Island for £4.99 as I don't think they stock this particular colour in Boots.

Here with 4 coats:



Estee Lauder Surreal Violet Nail Polish

This shade is from the Blue Dahlia Colour Collection for autumn 2010 that has recently hit counters. It looks a bit more of an unusual shade then some other grey/lilac colours I've seen as it has fine copper shimmer in it which gives it a lovely warmth, very autumny.

Here with 2 coats:



Application was easy with full opacity in 2 coats. It's a beautiful shade, but the colour kind of blends in too much with my own skin colour so I think it would suit skin tones which contrast more with the shade. This was £12 for 9ml.

Disclaimer: All products purchased by me

No comments:

Post a Comment