Friday 26 November 2010

Accessorize Makeup - Nail Polish in Dove


Dove (shade 45) lies somewhere between grey and silver and has a slight pearl finish which gives it a nice dimensional quality. The pic is with three coats (the crappy finish on the pinky finger is a gloopy basecoat rather then the polish). It was still a little transparent with 2 coats so I've applied the extra to give it a better finish. Although I also bought another colour called Storm (which I'll post about later) that applied well in 2 coats so I think the formula varies a little between shades. Application was okay with a standard shape brush, but I think the brush could be a tiny bit more firmer, to me it seems a little bit soft.

It has lasted rather well with hardly any tip wear in 3 days but I have used inm Out The Door topcoat over it (which may knock off Seche Vite's crown). But even still, it holds up well against other brands with the same topcoat.

The bottle looks small but it's actually 10ml in size for £4 so it's not too bad. I think the saving grace in these are the colours as there is a good variety of some interesting looking shades that I don't think I've come across before but also colours that could well be dupes for other brands like there is a greige shade that is along the lines of Barry M Mushroom and also a very bright lilac purple that reminds me of Illamasqua's Jo'Mina.

Disclaimer: Purchased by me

1 comment:

  1. Love this nail colour. Great review!


    http://therenaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete