Saturday 31 July 2010

The Sanctuary Spa Luxury Foot Polish Vs Liz Earle Foot Scrub


My feet needed some TLC, so with this in mind when I was given a choice of a free sample with a purchase at the Liz Earle store (by the way, more brands should do this), I picked the Foot Scrub (which is a 15ml size).
Later on in Boots I noticed The Sanctuary Spa range for the feet, and saw their Luxury Foot Polish so I bought this along with the Intensive Rescue Heel Balm (separate review to follow) with an aim to see how it compares with the Liz Earle. With a 3 for 2 on selected bath products at that time it was an ideal opportunity to try the range as I had never previously tried any Sanctuary products before.

Starting with the Liz Earle Foot Scrub, this has a lovely thick creamy base with ground pumice so it feels very scrubby which I like for the feet. The texture feels consistent so that there was a good distribution of pumice in the cream. Immediately when I used this I got a strong peppermint and rosemary scent which I love, it felt very refreshing, ideal for tired, achy feet. This has avocado and wheatgerm oils as well as West African Shea so when rinsed off it leaves the skin feeling soft and moisturised.

Onto The Sanctuary Spa Luxury Foot Polish, this one also has ground pumice in a cream base but the base is noticeably thinner, almost more liquid but the distribution of pumice is still even and feels just as scrubby. This has tea tree and lavender oil but the scent is much milder, it is not overpowering like the Liz Earle. It also has almond oil and shea butter so it does provide some moisture but the feet are not left as soft. Both scrubs leave the feet feeling clean and smooth.

The Liz Earle Foot Scrub is £10.25 for 100ml/£4.50 for 15ml where as The Sanctuary Luxury Foot Polish is £4.99 for 75ml.
I definitely prefer the Liz Earle Foot Scrub, it really is the scent and refreshing quality that does it for me. The Sanctuary Luxury Foot Polish I still think is a great buy, especially as the results are similar but at about half the price.

Disclaimer: The Liz Earle Foot Scrub is a trial size which I got free with a purchase, I bought The Sanctuary Luxury Foot Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment