Saturday 11 February 2012

Alison Raffaele True Concealer


I've been on the look out for a concealer to use on blemishes and I think I might have just found one that is ticking a lot of boxes for me.

The Alison Raffaele range has been on my radar for some time now, but as I've been distracted by other offerings, I kind of forgot about it until some festive browsing on Cult Beauty reminded me.

The line is created by makeup artist Alison Raffaele and is free from mineral oil, talc, gluten, fragrance. The line also includes fruit extracts to give skincare benefits and is suitable for sensitive and acne-prone skin. Sometimes I'm weary of using heavy, emollient type concealers on spots for fear of aggravating the area and I even though I usually don't have much of an issue, it's nice to have a formula without these potential irritants.

I was struggling to decide which shade to get but the descriptions on the Cult Beauty website have celebrity names against them to help so thankfully I picked the correct shade (no.5) which I find is perfect for my skintone (MAC NC40-42).

The packaging is a fairly standard tube with a sponge tip wand applicator, and the concealer itself is a light, creamy consistency that dries to a natural matte finish.



Top - Blended, Bottom - not blended

Top - Blended, Bottom - not blended
Even though the texture is a light cream, it has good pigmentation so it covers well and as the tones in this feel very real to my actual warm skin colouring, it blends very naturally and doesn't feel heavy in any way. The only thing I would say is that if I have a much drier spot, it does settle a tiny bit drier on that area, but generally it hides blemishes well. I also find that this works well on the under eye area to cover shadows rather than brightening.

Ingredients:




I bought this from the Cult Beauty website.

No comments:

Post a Comment