Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pretty Pink Gloss: Kevyn Aucoin The Elegant Lipgloss - Valentina


I was in Space NK a couple of weeks back having a browse at the Kevyn Aucoin range and saw this beautiful pink lipgloss but at the time I was thinking 'I really don't need another lipgloss' even though I didn't have anything like this. Since then I couldn't get it out of my head so the other day I passed by again and purchased it, and I am really happy with it.



Valentina is a fairly bold medium fuchsia pink, that is very well pigmented in a liquid lipstick sort of way. The texture is non-sticky, creamy and smooth and it's quite soft so I don't need to press into the pan very much to get the product. It lasts fairly well for a lipgloss and fades away evenly without making the lips feel dry.
I am not overly fond of lip products in palettes but I quite like the sleek red toned packaging of this and the mirror is useful for touch-ups although I do use a lip brush to apply the gloss more precisely as it's quite pigmented.


In context with the rest of my face (my skin has gone a bit bonkers in the hot weather so please excuse the blemishes):


Rest of makeup:
Face: Lily Lolo Mineral foundation Warm Honey, Alison Raffaele True Concealer (5), Beauty UK Baked blush - Royal Rose, MAC Sculpt & Shape Powder - Accentuate as highlighter.

Eyes: Revlon CustomEyes palette - 020 Naturally Glamorous  (the lightest shade on inner half, mid taupe shade outer half of lid), YSL Faux Cils gel liner Ashy Black (2) on upper lash line, MAC Chromagraphic pencil NW25/NC30 on lower waterline, NARS Larger Than Life Voluminising Mascara, GOSH clear brow gel.

Ingredients:


This is £22 for 3.65g and I bought this from Space NK Duke of York Square branch, London which seems to stock the full Kevyn Aucoin range.

8 comments:

  1. Soo pretty - and the colour suits you perfectly, too!! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks lovely on you! =) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really suits you :) The pigment is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Replica:) I am really taken with the level of colour

      Delete
  4. That's a gorgeous colour!! I haven't tried anything fom this brand yet, I'm afraid :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alex
      Thanks! It's only recently I've dipped my toe into KA, and so far I'm liking what I've tried.

      Delete