Monday 29 August 2011

My Favourite Highlighting & Glowy Eyeshadows


I have quite a few eyeshadows that I like to reach for when highlighting and creating more glowy makeup looks so thought I'd share some of my favourites.


From left to right:
1st row: K by Beverley Knight 04, Barry M Dazzle Dust 39 Tan, Barry M Dazzle Dust 8 Silver Iridescent.
2nd row: Illamasqua Furore, MAC All That Glitters, MAC Shadestick Butternutty.
3rd row: NARS Nepal, NYX Champagne, Everyday Minerals On the Phone.
4th row: Rouge Bunny Rouge Firetailed Sunbird, Urban Decay Virgin & Sin from the Naked Palette, NYX Sahara.

K by Beverley Knight Eyeshadow - 04
Unfortunately this range is no longer available (although I have spotted a few bits reduced online).
This is a lovely peach shade that has a very smooth and nicely pigmented texture (unfortunately my pic doesn't quite do it justice). It has a satiny/slight shimmer sheen to the finish. A versatile shade that definitely gives a glowy feel to the lids.

Barry M Dazzle Dust - 39 Tan
A beautiful warm tan shade full of shimmer. I am a fan of the Dazzle Dusts and even though many of them are quite full-on, as the texture/shimmer pigment is fine I can blend them out or use with other shades for more wearable looks. I like using Tan mostly on the inner corner to add a nice glowy highlight or a sheer wash all over the lid.

Barry M Dazzle Dust - 8 Silver Iridescent
A silvery white shimmer shade that initially I thought would look a bit disco ball but I only use a very small amount on the inner corner and it adds a very pretty hint of pale shimmer. As this is not too densely packed I can get away with a sheer wash of colour.

Illamasqua Pure Pigment - Furore
I think this is one of Illamasqua's must-have pigments. In real life it looks similar to Barry M Tan but this is lighter and has a bit of depth that gives it quite a rich feel. Texture is very fine and wonderfully pigmented. Again this one looks more amazing in real life then in my swatch pic.

MAC Eyeshadow - All That Glitters
One of my favourite shadows by MAC. It's a warm and frosty golden tan shade that has a good level of pigment.

MAC Shadestick - Butternutty
This was a limited edition shade but I think this is being repromoted in one of the upcoming collections. This is a pale golden shade that I like to use to line the waterline and also in the inner corner.

NARS Eyeshadow - Nepal
This was my first NARS eyeshadow and is my favourite of theirs. It is an unusual warm tan with a slight dusky pink tone. If I'm in a hurry and not sure what to use, this is one I can quickly use all over the lid and it just adds a soft, natural glow to the lid. On my NC40/42ish colouring, and as my lids are a little bit darker then my face, this works as a subtle highlight on the inner corner. 

NYX Eyeshadow - Champagne
When I want something a little more refined then All That Glitters, I like reaching for this as it has a decent level of pigment and still gives a nice golden sheen to the lids. 

Everyday Minerals Eyeshadow - On the Phone
An unusual pale, dusky, mauvey sort of colour that has very fine shimmer that looks quite subtle when applied. I like the shimmer in mineral eyeshadows as they have a wonderful depth that is not glittery.

Rouge Bunny Rouge Long Lasting Eyeshadow - Fire-tailed Sunbird
I have reviewed this shade before here. It is one of the slightly more unique shades as it has an interesting and very pretty mix of pink and peach. As with all RBR's eyeshadows, it's beautifully soft and well pigmented.

Urban Decay Virgin & Sin from the Naked Palette
Virgin is quite a pale, cool toned shade that has a very subtle iridescent sheen to it. This one I use slightly on the inner corner or layered on top of other shades as I think it is a bit pale on it's own for my colouring. Sin is a slightly frosty pale pinky toned champagne sort of shade that is richly pigmented and smooth.

NYX Eyeshadow - Sahara
Sahara is a warm, creamy shade that has a satin matte finish. This is one I like to as a inner corner highlight.



L-R:
1- NYX Sahara, 2- NYX Champagne, 3- Everyday Minerals On the Phone, 4- MAC Butternutty, 5- RBR Firetailed Sunbird, 6- MAC All That Glitters, 7- Illamasqua Furore, 8- Barry M Tan, 9- Barry M Silver Iridescent, 10- UD Virgin, 11- UD Sin, 12- Beverley Knight 04.

Apologies for the long post, I couldn't quite narrow down the selection as I love them all!

3 comments:

  1. This is so helpful Meeta, having such a paucity of lid I need something to show up. I will definately be checking out some of these. And don't feel you have to apologise for long posts - they are my favourite :) Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look so pretty,I love those types of colours and you have reminded me that I still haven't got round to getting that UD palette! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jan, I like them too although they take me ages to do:)

    Hi Replica
    That palette has got to one of the best ever, I get so much use out of it and the quality of the shadows is lovely.

    ReplyDelete