Wednesday 24 October 2012

Pai Lotus & Orange Blossom BioAffinity Toner



I've slowly been working my way through the Pai range and finally got round to using their toner mists. Pai have two types - the Rice Plant & Rosemary (for combination/sensitive) and the Lotus & Orange Blossom (for dry/sensitive).
My favourite of the two is the Lotus & Orange Blossom, as for me the Rice Plant & Rosemary, while lovely, I couldn't tell if it had done anything and it doesn't smell as beautiful as the LOB.

I do have acne-prone skin that is a bit combination and a bit dehydrated, but I often tend to ignore labels that say it's for such and such skintype, and go more with the texture and feel on the skin. So with this one I was sold on the orange blossom scent!

Even though this is pricey at £30 for 50ml, I find that it is quite a hydrating formula and makes the skin feel calm, nourished and soft so even if I don't slap on a moisturiser immediately afterwards - (like on a weekend if I'm home all day) my skin still feels comfortable. Also I don't know if it's my imagination, but it seems to give a tiny hydrated radiance/glow to the skin (which may be from the orange blossom as it's supposed to stimulate circulation and give a brightening effect).

Oh and another thing - the mist action is beautifully fine and even - no horrible squirt as I hate it when brands plonk a lovely product into horrible packaging!

Ingredients:
nelumbo nucifera (lotus) root water**, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange blossom) flower water*, glycerin*, populous tremuloides bark extract, leuconostoc root extract

6 comments:

  1. I really want to try this - I am happy with the Rice Plant & Rosemary but am curious about this and like the idea of extra hydration which seems to be a common comment from other users. Thanks Meeta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you like the Rice Plant one - I thought this would be my favourite as I love Rosemary but I am a sucker for the scent of the orange blossom!

      Delete
  2. I really like this as well and have re-bought it, I do think its a bit pricey though for the amount you get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pricey, ideally it would be nice to get double the amount!

      Delete
  3. It sounds nice, thanks for the review!
    I like using toning mists as a refresher throughout the day....it is especially nice with the dryness caused by heaters

    I just got the anti aging mist by Intelligent Nutrients

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clara
      If I'm at home during the day I like using mists as refreshers but out and about I often forget about them.

      I haven't tried the Intelligent Nutrients one, although I love their Harmonic shampoo so have been meaning to try some more things of theirs.

      Delete