Monday 22 October 2012

DeVita Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ Review


I finished up my last sunscreen which was the Dermaquest ZinClear SPF30 about a month ago, and being a skincare junkie I naturally had another product waiting in the wings which was DeVita's Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+.
I heard raves about this through Skincare Talk and noticed the brand is stocked on iHerb so placed an order along with some supplement bits.

DeVita is a vegan, paraben-free natural skincare and cosmetic brand from Arizona that was created by Cherylanne DeVita after having suffered with chronic cystic acne. They use organic aloe vera as a key 'delivery system' and also have a line of mineral makeup that is infused with aloe.

The Solar Protective Moisturizer SPF 30+ is a mineral based sunscreen using 19% zinc oxide (no nano particles) that has been formulated for skin prone to acne (like mine!) and moisturises the skin as well as providing broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.

I'm not a fan of sunscreens that feel like typical sunscreens with the slightly tacky/greasy/whiteish look and I'm happy to say that DeVita's offering is absolutely the opposite of this. It feels creamy, light and non-chalky and once applied absorbs quickly into a natural matte finish that is not discernible on the skin, so no whitecast!
Another thing I like about this is the scent, so unlike any other sunscreen, it has a beautiful light vanilla/coconutty scent that adds to the pleasant nature.



From iHerb this was around $20 for 75ml/2.5oz , which I find reasonable as I don't seem to need too much product so I think this should last a while yet.

Ingredients:






No comments:

Post a Comment