Wednesday 8 August 2012

Latest Manicure Must-Haves: Orly Cutique & Essie Ridge Filling Base Coat


As much as I am obsessed with nail polish, I don't pay much attention to my cuticles and they are often neglected as I think to myself, 'they don't look so bad', so it's a part of the manicure I tend to skip but that was until I came across Orly's Cutique Cuticle & Stain Remover. Now I can't believe I didn't get on to this sooner.

This looks like a some sort of base coat, but basically you apply it on the nail for 30-60 seconds and then use an orange stick (or similar) to push back the cuticle and then rinse with warm water. It removes stuff I didn't even know was on my nail and gets rid of stains from previous polish really well, overall leaving a perfect base to start a new manicure.

After that I apply Essie's ridge filling base coat. I was in the market for a new base coat and spotted this in TK Maxx in a little set with a polish, I had already been thinking of Essie so took this as a sign to purchase (plus it was a bargain!).
It's great for smoothing the finish of nail before applying polish and dries quickly.

What I have noticed the most since using these products is that my polish lasts longer than before, and gives a better level of finish to my manicure.
These have really become staples and I am keen to explore some more Essie and Orly base/treatment products.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review! I've been wondering if a normal base coat is enough or if I need a ridge filling one. Might try this Essie one :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ana Marta
      You're welcome:)
      I like alternating between ridge filling and more treatment based ones (as my nails do break/peel). I always feel like my base coat needs something extra as I do wear polish almost all the time.

      Delete