Friday 28 January 2011

FOTD: Plummy Eyes & New Barry M Lip Paint 150 Pink Suede


Browsing the aisles in my local Superdrug, I came across some new shades of Lip Paint in Barry M in my favourite lip category of 'naturals'. Currently they are on offer so I got two shades for £6.99. 

Pink Suede (150) is not really a pink, it is a warm tan nude shade which is quite creamy and well pigmented with a silky matt texture.


I really like this as it leans warmer it doesn't look like too pale a nude shade.

Complete Look:

Face:
Diorskin Forever Compact powder -040 (around sides/forehead)
Everyday Minerals Peach Color Corrector (centre of face)
Ellis Faas Concealer - S205 (undereye)
MAC Sculpt & Shape Powder - Accentuate/Sculpt
NARS Blush - Sin
MUFE - HD Powder

Lips - Barry M Lip Paint - 150

Eyes
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Eden (I think this has made the colours look slightly paler as it is quite a pale, opaque base)
Fyrinnae - Daemon's Tail (all over lid)
Inika Mineral eyeshadow - Autumn Plum 20 (outer corner)
MAC Sculpt & Shape Powder - Accentuate (under brows)
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner - Oil Slick to line (top and slightly on bottom)
MAC Shadestick - Butternutty (waterline)
Korres Eyebrow pencil 01 
17 Wild Curls Mascara - black (on top & bottom lashes)

10 comments:

  1. Lovely lip colour and such a pretty eye look on you! I've not tried Barry M lipsticks before, I guess if they are on offer it would be rude of me not to ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Replica
    That's what I thought:) I mainly have the Dazzle Dusts so these were a pleasant surprise. I think the texture varies a bit between shades as some seem more matt then others.
    Thank you for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nude shades are so difficult to get right but this looks like it has the right combo of pink and brown to not make one look too corpse like. Must say your eyelashes are amazing. Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jan
    Thank you for your comments.
    I find with lipcolours in general it is tricky to get the right tone and often they look different once applied on the lips. Although I have to say with this one I knew once I swatched it on my hand that I would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty lipstick! I have one in Baby Pink and I don't like it, it makes me look like a ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its difficult to find brown/ pink nudes esp for darker skin tones that doesnt make us look washed out! This lippie is pretty though =D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Meeta,

    I found you! It was lovely to meet you the other day, I can't remember if you said... did you end up buying anything? Those RMS cream eyeshadows are still haunting me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Gaby
    Is that the 101? My sister has this and it is very pale.

    Hi Imo
    It can be difficult, especially with more matt shades that is why I sometimes tend to get more glossy/sheerer textures. Becca Yasmina is a good one.

    Hi Charlotte
    It was lovely meeting you as well. I did end up getting a Priti np (I remember what you said but I was looking for a colour like that). Also got the np remover as it is an interesting oil formula and also a Kaplan MD lip treatment (been curious about these as they felt quite smooth and moisturising for dry lips).

    I was very tempted by RMS, the living luminizer in particular, I think I may order that online.

    Thanks for all your comments

    ReplyDelete
  9. so gorgeous!! such a pretty lipcolor and ur eyes look fantastic

    hugs
    Nelly
    www.massacredmascara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Pink Suede and, it looks clownish on me :( It looks great on you though :)!

    ReplyDelete