Friday 14 January 2011

FAMOUS by Sue Moxley Baked Bronze: Bali & Miami


When I bought the Country Rose blush by Sue Moxley I reviewed a while back from Superdrug, I also bought a couple of the Baked Bronzes which look to be similar to the ever-famous Mineralize Skinfinishes by MAC.


The packaging is a screw top jar with a mirror in the lid and is supplied with a half moon brush.
I quite like the packaging as it's a bit different to the standard hinge openings but the lid unfortunately being a smooth, reflective finish does get scratched really easily, I think all of the ones on the stand had imperfections which is a shame.

Miami

Bali

Top - Miami, Bottom - Bali

Miami is a champagne/pale gold shade that makes a good highlighter. This has quite a fine shimmer that isn't glittery, rather more of a sheen. Bali is a light, bronzy pink with a hint of peachiness which I like to use as a blush. On me it gives a more subtle hint of colour and it does have faint shimmer particles although when applied to the skin it's not too noticeable.  Neither of these are very frosty, and both apply quite smoothly with fair pigmentation. Sometimes I have found that the better pigmented baked-type products can be a little too frosty (which emphasises my pores/marks) but these have a good balance of the two.

At £6 for 9g, these are a good buy and I like them as much (if not more) as some of the MSFs I have.

Purchased by me

2 comments:

  1. wow they do have nice stuff....i love the miami shade....

    i like your blog, check myn out x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of Bali- such pretty glowy colors! thanks for the post x jeanie

    ReplyDelete