Monday 21 November 2011

Pukka Ayurveda Gentle Cleanser Review



Pukka Ayurveda skincare launched recently and as I have used a few other Pukka Herb products and have a lot of respect for the brand, I hastily bought a couple of bits (this was before I started my no-buy!)

The range uses Ayurveda as a inspiration and contains a varied range of natural ingredients such as rose water, green tea, amla and neem to help refresh, replenish and balance the skin.

Being a cleanser nut, the first product I bought was the Gentle Cleanser. This is a light density cream and has a herbal, slight clay sort of scent, definitely reflective of the 92.9% organic ingredients. Even though I have used many natural ranges and don't mind at all earthy, herbal fragranced products, there was something about this scent I wasn't really keen on to begin with but I got used to it after a while. Looking at the box it says it is lightly fragranced with rosewater but my nose doesn't seem to pick this up!

In terms of performance it is great for massaging in and requires little effort to rinse clean with water. The cream texture makes for a very gentle feeling cleanser and doesn't dry the skin either. Several uses later I did notice a slight clarifying effect although I feel like I need a little bit extra to help with my acne-prone skin.
This is a 50ml size which is a bit smaller then other cleansers on the market, but I think it's quite reasonably priced at £11.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Cannabis sativa (Hemp) Seed Oil*, Rosa damascena (Rose) Flower Water*, Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter)*, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter*, Glycerin*, Glyceryl Stearate‡, Sucrose Stearate‡, Coco-Glucoside‡, Ricinis communis (Castor) Seed Oil*, Olea europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil*, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract*, Helianthus annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil*, Aloe barbadensis (Aloe vera) Leaf Juice Powder*, Quillaja saponaria (Soap Tree Bark)*, Emblica officinalis (Amla) Fruit 100:1 Extract*, Hydrocotyle asiatica (Gotu Kola) Leaf 120:1 Extract*, Curcuma longa (Turmeric) Root 20:1 Extract*, Rubia cordifolia (Manjishtha) Root 70:1 Extract*, Azadirachta indica (Neem) Leaf 50:1 Extract*, Coconut Alcohol‡, Tocopherol‡, Xanthan Gum‡, Lactic Acid‡, Dehydroacetic Acid() , Benzyl Alcohol() , Citric Acid‡
* Organic (Organic content: 92.9%)
† Naturally occurs in essential oils
‡ Derived from plants
() Nature identical preservative system approved by Organic Standards

The other item I purchased was the Nourishing Brightener which I haven't put through it's paces yet but looks to be an interesting product as it has ground powders such as almond and bilberry to exfoliate.   

I bought these online at www.pukkaherbs.com/skincare/ although I've spotted the range at Wholefoods and the Nutricentre.

No comments:

Post a Comment