Sunday 12 September 2010

The Primer Set: Rouge Bunny Rouge Prelude In The Clouds Aqua Primer Review

To prime or not to prime? Primers are one makeup product I am unsure of - do I really need one? So with that question in mind I have several primers that I am going to review over the next few weeks.

First up is Rouge Bunny Rouge's Prelude in the Clouds Aqua Primer:

Almost finished this so it can't be bad, can it?


Probably the most prettiest packaged primer out there in a glass bottle with a beautiful illustration printed on the bottle. The product is dispensed via a pump, which works well and allows control so not too much comes out. I find about 1-2 pumps enough for my whole face. This apparently can be used around the eyes and on the lids as well to help with eyeshadow to last longer.

The texture is a sheer white (but goes transparent when applied) looking gel-liquid, it feels a bit like a water type gel because when applied it has a refreshing and hydrating feel, not at all siliconey which makes it more unique compared to other primers on the market. It is light and non-sticky as well and on some days I have used this on it's own instead of moisturiser.

This glides very nicely over the skin and absorbs fairly easily into a natural finish. It smooths the skin a little bit but I don't think it minimises the look of pores or fine lines in any way.  When I look at my skin, it basically looks the same.

I have used this on my eyelids and around my eyes and found that it was fine for use there and didn't cause any irritation. I have very oily eyelids, and this doesn't make eyeshadow last any longer then usual on me, even when paired with Rouge Bunny Rouge's lovely eyeshadows.

In terms of making the rest of my makeup last longer, unfortunately I didn't see any difference.

So overall I think this works okay as a general hydrating and slightly smoothing base, but in terms of real primer powers this just doesn't do it for me. It does feel very pleasant to use thanks to it's lovely texture, hence why I have almost finished up my bottle but unfortunately I will not be repurchasing.

This is £45 for 30ml so definitely a pricey primer and for me personally I don't think it is worth it. I bought this from Zuneta who exclusively stock the range in the UK.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honest review, I kept wondering whether to get this so am glad I saw this as I would rather spend the money on other RBR products.

    ReplyDelete