Sunday 12 December 2010

OSKIA Micro Exfoliating Balm Review


When I last made an order from Zuneta I was really happy to be given some sample sachets of various Oskia skincare products as I had heard Lisa Eldridge mention this new brand in one of her Youtube videos and it kind of sparked my interest as it is a natural, nutritional based skincare range that uses a lot of active ingredients. To be honest not really having a clue about what the brand was about to begin with, I was just going on the basis of 'I quite like the sound of the name' (the name is actually Greek for 'delivering nutrients' and 'beauty') and the whole clean, white aesthetic.

But having looked into them more, I really like the whole story of how this brand came into being. One of the key ingredients in the range is MSM which is more commonly used as a supplement for joint health but it is this ingredient that the founder of Oskia, Georgie Cleeve saw the potential after having taken MSM for her damaged cartilage and seeing the incredible benefits of such an ingredient not only to her knee, but also on the skin as well. Another ingredient that got me more interested in the range is the fact they use prebiotics which have been shown to be beneficial to problem skin (like mine).
There is a good amount of information on Oskia's website and also on Zuneta's product videos (which have Georgie Cleeve and her partner explaining the products).

One of the products in the range I was very keen to try was the Micro Exfoliating Balm as I had not really come across an exfoliator in a balm so it sounded like the one I wanted to give a go but it wasn't until Oskia had a promotion on their website that I finally took the plunge and bought it.


Housed in a glass jar, the texture of this balm is lovely and soft, with very fine micro particles of MSM and silica (when you look at it in the jar you can't see any granules in it).The distribution of the granules is very consistent as I thing I hate with exfoliators is when the particles are not evenly distributed but this is not the case with this. Another thing I love is that when you add water the balm transforms into a light milk which can be rinsed clean - I am a sucker for anything that emulsifies with water and it's even better if I don't need a cloth! You only need a small amount of this as it spreads very well so even after a month, I don't think I've even got through a 1/4 of the jar.

The granules are barely visible
This leaves my skin feeling soft and very clean but not stripped, and the main thing I noticed was how super-smooth my skin felt, probably the smoothest of any exfoliator I've tried. I have been using this twice a week for just over a month and I think it does help to perk the skin up a bit but so far I haven't noticed it make much difference to my acne scarring.

Also the scent of this is a-m-a-z-i-n-g. Oskia has a signature scent of Rose-Lychee in almost all their products (the Eye Wonder has no scent) which smells subtly sweet with hints of floral and fruity notes. At the moment Oskia doesn't do body products, but I would love if they could somehow bottle this fragrance into a bath oil or candle as it's quite distinct compared to scents of other skincare ranges.

Another thing to note with Oskia is the price, this range pushes the price I am used to paying for skincare - not counting the Pure MSM supplements, the products start at £38.50 (for the Perfect Cleanser) and the Micro Exfoliating Balm is £46 for 50ml. Although having tried the samples sachets (which surprisingly have lasted quite a while), I would consider purchasing the full-sizes as I quite like my experience so far. The next thing I am eager to try is the Renaissance Mask.

Disclaimer: Purchased by me

2 comments:

  1. that product look good i am always on the hunt for stuff for my skin that will hopefully make it perfect.great blog and cute backround.come check out my beauty blog and follow if you want :)
    http://makeupadoresme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. my name is oskia! i want the copyright

    ReplyDelete