Monday, 16 August 2010

OPI Swiss Collection - Cuckoo For This Color & Nail Polish Ramble

OPI have some strange nail-polish names that I mostly don't remember (apart from the faves like my beloved You Don't Know Jacques), but this is rather appropriate as it's simply gorgeous. Cuckoo For This Color is a deep bluey forest green with very faint blue shimmer.

natural light

  
with flash







The colour is very well pigmented and application was straightforward with 2 coats.
There are some really stunning shades in the Swiss collection which I am very tempted by. Others I have my eye on are Lucerne-Tainly Look Marvelous (what a bizarre and crappy name!), Diva of Geneva and Yodel Me On My Cell which I will probably end up getting. 

I definitely have a nail polish addiction so I am trying to show some restraint as I have run out of space in my designated nail polish drawer (I need to get out my space organisation skills).  This past year has been very exciting in the world of polish with brands really upping their game and with so many fab shades and finishes coming out across various brands it is hard to resist. The new Butter London collection has my name on it - All Hail McQueen! and Victoriana look very interesting. I haven't yet succumbed to Chanel's Paradoxal (I passed on the previous hyped colours), I am not convinced I will like it but all may change when I see it at the counter. Also seeing Temptalia's swatches from MAC's Venomous Villains, the nail polishes are the items that stand-out to me.
That's enough nail polish ramble for now, until next time. 

Disclaimer: Purchased by me





No comments:

Post a Comment